Thanks to our incredible member @RealMahmoud and Idena dev team we can now swap Idena coins on Binance Smart Chain. So, in the lights of that event here is a little guide on how to swap Idena on PancakeSwap, how to add liquidity in Idena pools and risks that come with that. This is part 1 of 2 in which we will discuss:
1. Adding BSC to Metamask
2. Adding Idena to Metamask
3. Using Idena Bridge
4. Swapping iDNA to BNB on PancakeSwap
Part 2 will take a look at liquidity providing, how to do it and should you do it.
Before we go into details you will need one of the supported wallets (picture below) and Idena identity with minimum of 100 iDNA in balance (Metamask will be used as example):
How to add BSC to Metamask:
1. Open Metamask wallet in your browser (if you do not have Metamask install it from https://metamask.io/)
2. Click on top right circle and go to settings.
3. In the Settings scroll to the Networks and click on it.
4. Click Add Network.
5. Fill all fields and click Save.
Here is what you need from picture above:
Binance Smart Chain
New RPC URL:
Block Explorer URL:
If you want to check this data (and you always should) here is a link to official guide:
6. Make sure Binance smart chain is selected.
Adding iDNA to Metamask wallet
1. Click on Add Token in bottom of Metamask window.
2. Click on Custom Token, paste Idena contract address and click next.
Here is Idena contract address: 0x0De08C1AbE5fB86Dd7FD2ac90400AcE305138d5B (check this in official
announcement on telegram, again do not trust unofficial sources and always double check what is pasted)
3. Click Add Tokens.
You are ready to send Idena to Metamask 🙂
This two steps above Adding BSC to Metamask and Adding iDNA to Metamask need to be done only
once, when you add them you don't need to do that again each time you want to swap iDNA.
Sending iDNA to Metamask
1. Go to https://bridge.idena.io/
2. Click on Swap.
3. Enter amount and destination address.
Minimum Amount is 100 iDNA and Destination address is your Metamask wallet address (in your Metamask
wallet you can click on numbers below account name (in this case Account 2) and it will automatically copy it).
Before clicking Continue double check pasted address.
4. Click Send with Idena App button.
Pop-up notification will open
5. Click Open Link.
This will redirect you to Idena Client on your pc.
6. Enter amount you want to send (same as you entered in bridge) and click confirm.
7. Wait for transaction to mine.
Now you are ready to swap some iDNA 🙂
Now that you send and received Idena to your Metamask wallet it is time to swap it for some other coins. BNB/iDNA swap will be used as example, but you can swap any other coin that have some liquidity like BUSD/iDNA and DAI/iDNA at a time of writing this guide.
1. Go to PancakeSwap and click on connect wallet in top right corner.
2. Select Metamask.
3. Click connect when Metamask pop-up.
4. Go to Trade tab on the left side and select Exchange.
5. Click Select a Currency.
6. Paste Idena contract address and select iDNA (0x0De08C1AbE5fB86Dd7FD2ac90400AcE305138d5B)
7. Click arrow to change direction of swapping from iDNA to BNB.
8. Enter the amount of iDNA you want to swap to BNB and click Swap.
9. Confirm Swap.
10. Metamask will pop up, click Confirm.
11. Wait for Transaction Confirmation.
And that’s it. Now you have BNB in your Metamask wallet.
For more questions visit FAQ on Idena bridge or ask in official Idena telegram